The Practical Vegetarian.com ALTERNATIVE EATING CHOICES FOR EVERYONE
What Readers are saying:
Good beginner book...The basics are covered which is the best starting point...not overly complicated..." - Amazon customer review
"Essential for every vegetarian!"
"If you are considering going vegetarian, you need this book!"
"The Practical Vegetarian is THE COMPLETE VEGETARIAN book to go meatless! Even if you're not a vegetarian, you will benefit from The Practical Vegetarian's advice on serving up meals which will help you lower dangerous cholesterol in your diet. Inside The Practical Vegetarian you'll discover ways to still be able to enjoy hearty favorites without weight gain, dangerous fats, or overloaded calories. Enjoy!"
FROM THE BACK COVER:
The Practical Vegetarian is more than a cookbook - it is a complete guide to vegetarian cooking and food preparation which has been designed for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!
Whether you are currently a vegetarian, just thinking about becoming one, or desiring to take a break from meat...you'll find The Practical Vegetarian an irreplaceable guide to your kitchen.
- The Practical Vegetarian is Convenient; every recipe includes simple step-by-step insturctions.
- The Practical Vegetarian is realistic; utilize its valuable information everyday on a busy schedule or a tight budget - no fancy equipment or expensive ingredients are needed; meat-eaters will enjoy these traditional family-style meals too without missing the meat!
- The Practical Vegetarian is hands-on easy; every ingredient is commonly found in your grocery store or supermarket.
- In addition to over 60 meatless recipes, The Practical Vegetarian includes easy-to-follow guides to help you make the most of your healthy cooking.
From the author:
The Practical Vegetarian is the one complete cookbook for your vegetarian kitchen. For beginners as well as experienced vegetarians.
Table of Contents:
- A Personal Note from the Author - Why I wrote this Book
- The Basics: What you Need to Know For Healthy Cooking
- Getting Started - The Important of Quality Water
- Family Staples
- Basic Beans:Introduction to Making Beans
- The Primaries of Great Beans
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Beans
- Legumes - A Basic Recipe
- Basic Rice
- The Pursuit of Perfect Rice
- The Primaries of Rice: 6 Secrets to Making Great Rice Every Time!
- Recipe for Restaurant-Style "Steamed" Rice
- Beans and Rice - Home-style With Leftovers
- Rustic Black Bean Soup
- Corn Chowder
- Garden Vegetable Broth
- Lentil Soup
- Split Pea Soup
- Holiday Party Dip: To Whet the Appetites of Your Guests!
- Appetizer: Spinach Puffs!
- Main Dish: Creamy Vegetable Alfredo!
- Nutty Vegetable Casserole
- Stuffed Peppers
- Vegetables & Rice
Foods Kids Will Love
- Delightfully Indulgent Holiday Cake, Butter Cream Frosting, Lemon Crisp Cookies
Burritos, Macaroni and Cheese (Old-Fashioned and Fat-free recipes), Pasta and Vegetables, Pizza, Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Genuine Creamy Potato Salad
- Calorie-Saving Creamy Potato Salad
- Pita Sandwich
- Vegetable Burgers
- Welcome to T.V.P.
- Theme Burgers
- Soy Veggie Burgers
- No-Soy Veggie Burgers
- Vegetable Stack Sandwich
- Gypsy Sauce: The Half-Hour Wonder!
- 5-Minute Quick Pizza!
Putting Everything Together: The Complete Meal
- That's Italian! Eggplant Parmesan, Authentic Italian Lasagna, Al Dente Style for Cooking Pasta or Noodles, Tomato Sauce, Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce, Homemade Tomato Sauce from Fresh Tomatoes, Spaghetti and Veggie Balls
- Indian Spice! Peas & Rice Piquant
- Fiesta! Refried Beans-Bean Paste, Low-Fat Bean Dip, Vegetable Chili, Soaking Your Beans, Cooking Your Beans
- Asian Flavor! Vegetarian Feast (Buddha's Feast)
- Main Dish: Vegetable Loaf
- Side Dish: Super Succotash
- Salad: Italian Oil and Vinegar Tossed Salad
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit Melange
Homemade Soy Specialties (How to Make Your Own Tofu, Soy Milk, And Soy Bran)
- The Ultimate Baked Potato
- Carrots: The Orange Vegetable!
- Golden Dollar Carrots
- Mashed Carrots
- Succulent Spinach and Other Leafy Greens
- Corn You Will Crave
- Creamed Corn
- Great Corn on the Cob
- Squash, Zucchini, and Eggplant
- About the Author
|© The Practical Vegetarian Mary Curtis 2011, all rights reserved.