Karien Jones' Page
Karien Jones is a blogger and writer. She has contributed several articles to The Practical Vegetarian as a Guest Author. Karien is a blogger by profession. She loves writing on luxury and parenting. She is particular about her fitness and follows a strict regime to stay in shape. She loves writing on environment and technology. Besides this she is fond of books. She recently bought a book on the most expensive things in the world from a fair. She is fond of cooking and loves doing it in her free time. Her latest interest is in the latest kitchen ideas.
Submit an article to The Practical Vegetarian
Are you a writer? Do you have an article idea?
Become a Guest Author for the The Practical Vegetarian.
Here is what you will get if your article is approved for publication:
- Your own byline
- Web searchable links to your article
- Ability to link your article to social media (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.)
- Ability to link your own website(s), blog(s), or business name(s) and website(s) to your article
- Your own Guest Author page on www.thepracticalvegetarian.com with social media (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.) links
- All articles must be well written in English*. Check spelling, punctuation, etc., before submission.
- This site is for General Audiences. Therefore, absolutely no adult content or images.
- Keep it clean. Absolutely, no profanity nor abusive language.
- Remember that our website is for General Audiences so no articles condoning any offensive topic. Examples of topics that will be rejected condone drug usage, alcohol abuse, gun violence, etc. Content like these will be rejected.
- While we may edit an occastional typo (everybody does it once in a while no matter how much you proofread), we are not your editors and will not make major changes. Poorly written articles, or those with major editing work, will be rejected no matter how great the content is. So proofread your manuscript at least three (3) times before submission!
How to submit your article:
- First and foremost, you must have a valid email address that belongs to you personally. While most of us have at least one email, if you do not have one, you can easily get a FREE email address from the following:
- Write your article in Microsoft Word, WordPad, Notepad, in other words, a quality text editor. Adobe pdf files are also acceptable.
- Include a catchy title at the top of your article.
- Either attached to your article, or in a separate text document, submit how you want your byline to read. That is: how you want your name to appear below the article's title. Include any title or credential with your name (if you are a doctor please include Dr. before your name). If you are the owner of a business, an author of a book(s), an instructor, you may briefly include this information after a comma (,) following your name or on a second line below your name.
- While a pen name is acceptable, we will need your real name for our files in order for your article to be considered.
- Many authors want to include an "About the Author" to describe themselves and what they do. You can attach your "About the Author" to your article or on a separate text document. Include any pertinent information about yourself that you want to make public. Include links and even include a picture of yourself if you wish. We will include your description and your image, if you include a picture of yourself, on your Author's Page on our website. In addition to a description of yourself and an image of yourself, you may include links to any web addresses where readers can access you or your product(s). Examples include links to your website(s) that you own, business website(s), that you operate, blog(s) that you own, and also social media access (Facebook page, Twitter page, etc.), book links if you are an author (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Google Books, etc.).
- All links must include the full url (web address) and must work when clicked. If any of your web addresses change, once published, contact us and let us know to make the correction. Any links that do not work or that stop working will be permanently removed.
- Assemble any images or illustrations you want to include with your article. They must be in .jpg, .png, .gif, or another web-acceptable file format. Again, no adult content!
- Attach all your materials to an email with the subject line reading:
Article submission for approval to The Practical Vegetarian
- Email to:
- We will notify you, via your email address, when we have received your article. After careful consideration, if we approve your article, we will notify you of approval. While we make every effort to let you know quickly, please give us a few days to make a decision. We may contact you with further questions if necessary.
- Once your article is published, we will contact you with the link to your article and other information.
- While we may contact you if your article is rejected, do not expect it. In some cases, we will let you know the reasons for rejection and what you can do to improve for the future. But, again, do not expect a rejection notification. However, just because we have not approved one of your articles, do not stop trying. Work at your writing and please submit another article idea in the future/ THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING THE PRACTICAL VEGETARIAN!