Poll

How often would you substitute a veggie burger for a beef hamburger?

All the time, I don't eat meat.
0 (0%)
Once in a while but I like a real burger.
1 (100%)
Never!
0 (0%)
I would rather have a turkey burger than a veggie burger!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: September 16, 2015, 03:34:14 PM

Author Topic: Veggie Burgers  (Read 1672 times)

wayne

• View Profile
Veggie Burgers
« on: September 09, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
I started experimenting with making veggie burgers using textured vegetable protein or TVP. Since I have a 25 lb. bag of the stuff in the kitchen cupboard, I didn't worry too much about trial and error limiting me.
 Since I don't know what's considered the ideal veggie burger, I just trusted my imagination and assembled what I thought a good and tasty veggie burger should be. It took a few tries and some advise from my wife, I came up with a veggie burger so good that my dog was fooled into thinking it was like meat.
Here is what I came up with,
2 cups of TVP in a medium size mixing bowl, 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, 1 large egg, 1 tbs of brown organic flaxseeds, 1 tsp of sea salt, a pinch of black pepper, 1 crushed matza cracker, and 1/2 cup of filtered water.
Mix together w/wisk then form and press four 3 in. diameter patties. Add more water if the mix is too dry. Fry patties in pre-heated medium high skillet with olive oil for 2 to 3 min. per side. That's it! 

marylcurtis

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Veggie Burgers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 03:30:06 PM »
 ;D  Love it, thanks for contributing!

DouglasOn

Great share
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 08:05:40 PM »
Nice share,looking forward to the updates ,incase you are looking for runescape 3 gold,visit runescape4s website for more infomation.

DouglasOn

Great share
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 04:56:11 AM »
Nice share,looking forward to the updates ,incase you are looking for runescape gold for sale,visit runescape4s website for more infomation.