Welcome to The Practical Vegetarian
Alternative eating choices for everyone.
- Eat Healthy!
- Lose Weight!
- Save Money on Groceries!
Whether or not you are a vegetarian, you will benefit from the information here.
- Nature's sweetener: Agave nectar is a natural alternative to refined sugar.
- Update on genetically modified organisms (GMO's): Prop. 37, an California initiative that would have required labeling by food processors identifying Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO's) failed in the November elections. Biotech In Your Kitchen
- Say goodbye to diets forever: Learn how to make minor adjustments over time to get those extra pounds off and keep them off. Winning At Weight Loss Without Dieting by Mary Curtis
- Alternative to Soy: If you're tired of soy as a meat substitute, perhaps vital wheat gluten is for you. Vital Wheat Gluten - The Other Vegetarian Meat by Mary Curtis author of The Practical Vegetarian.
- The Practical Vegetarian is now on Google eBooks: You can now download The Practical Vegetarian via Google eBooks.
- Compete With Meat now on iBookstore You can now download Compete With Meat to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Homemade bread from sratch! easy recipe by Mary Curtis.
- Textured vegetable protein video by Mary Curtis.
Reducing the amount of fat in your diet goes a long way to shedding the pounds. One way to lose weight is to substitute a lower-fat alternative to beef twice a week or more often. Soy and wheat gluten are ideal to trimming your waistline. Check out our recipes here.
TVP is low in fat and calories. It is an ideal choice to eat healthier because it is high in energy-boosting protein. Watch short video on textured vegetable protein here. This 3-minute video from The Practical Vegetarian Mary Curtis will show you how to prepare textured vegetable protein (t.v.p.) quickly for your lunch or dinner:
Read how to prepare textured vegetable protein. Quick and easy, it only takes a few seconds in a microwave so t.v.p. makes a high-energy low-calorie lunch at work too.
You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy the benefits of textured vegetable protein (t.v.p.). Read how you can use textured vegetable protein as a hamburger supplement here. You'll also save money too and that's important (see below)!
Save Grocery Money
Is your budget feeling squeezed lately? Here's a solution: Save money by adding textured vegetable protein to hamburger - a tip from The Practical Vegetarian Mary Curtis.
Alternative Eating Choices for Everyone
You don't have to call yourself a vegetarian to enjoy the benefits of taking a break from meat once in a while. Vegetarian cook Mary Curtis shows you how to eat healthier and enjoy what you eat! Finding easy ways to replace fattening foods is easy here.